Rules & Regulations
Films entered in the 6th edition of SICFF 2018 must fulfil the following conditions:
- Films must be for an audience of children & Youth up to 18 years’ old
- Films submitted should not include the following:
- Sexual scenes and nudity
- Very strong violence
- Strong horror
- Indecent language or behaviour
- Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by this Festival. A film which is not accepted for the competition section can be shown in other Section with the specific consent of the participant.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All Members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgement until after the jury's decisions have been formally published/ declared.
- Films which submitted in the last year's festival are not acceptable, whether accepted or rejected.
- Film Producers, Directors, Distributors or their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized government organization / agency of the participating countries may enter their films for the competition through the enclosed Submission form.
- The Festival organizers reserve the right to invite films they consider suitable for the film festival
- The film submitted should not be broadcast nor presented in the internet or TV for public.
After filling the submission form online, please send the original copy of the film (in a flash memory or by email) and attach the information and details below along with the flash memory or email:
- The title of the film
- Name of the director, producer, Production Company, and world Sale Company.
- Film Duration
- Sender’s Full address
- An original copy of the film (with English subtitle)
- Synopsis of the film in English
- Minimum 3 screenshots/ stills of the film (HQ copies)
- Director’s Photo, and Biography
- Trailer of the film (1.5 minute maximum)
- Poster of the film.
Note that the items mentioned above should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening/ Film Format
Festival accepts (MOV/MP4), HD Digital, or Blu-ray file formats.
- Films will normally be screened in their original language/version.
- Films in language other than English must have subtitles in English.
- Films that arrive without subtitles, or with subtitles other than in English, where such subtitles are not required, shall not be screened in the Festival.
- Films Other than children’s films are not eligible for participation in any section.
- The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in Sharjah International Children’s Film Festival with regard to parties connected with the production/ distribution of the participating film and/ or other right holders/licenses.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
In submitting projects to the 6th edition of Sharjah International Children’s Film Festival, the filmmaker agrees that the film, if selected may be screened at the festival and be used for publicity and promotional uses by the festival.
- We cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged exhibition materials.
- Festival dates, deadlines, details and rules are subject to change.
Conditions of Submission
- Images of your work may be used for promotional and fundraising purposes for the festival.
Your entry will be part of the Sharjah International Children’s Film Festival archives and might be screened in official collaboration projects with schools after the festival.